Red tea does not have any caffeine or tannic acid (theine-carrying acid), therefore it is unmatched in tolerability, and can be taken by people suffering from stomach sensitivity, pregnant women and breast-feeding babies.
In addition, it is a very healthy infusion due to its great content of vitamins and minerals. It provides calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium and sodium.
Among its health benefits, we can highlight the following:
- Eliminates overweight produced by poor nutrition
- Lowers cholesterol levels
- Detoxifies and cleanses our body
- Boosts our immune system
- Stimulates secretion from all digestive glands
- Facilitates digestion of fatty foods
- Reduces levels of fats in our body
- Strengthens liver metabolic functions and contributes towards fast alcohol assimilation in blood
- Protects us from infection and has bacteriostatic effects
- Controls bad temper and even mild depression
- Helps relieve constipation
- Reduces triglyceride and uric acid levels, a result met if 3 to 4 cups per day are taken during a four-week period
Many people who are fond of Red Tea enjoy drinking it plain, without adding any other ingredient. Yet milk, honey, sugar or lemon can be added to it, or even a little bit of black tea flavored with apple, fruit or bergamot.